Organic Body Lotion
Organic Body Lotion
Health and wellness are more than just about eating right and exercising. When it comes to overall health, choosing organic products for your face, body, and hair can contribute to a better lifestyle. As you search for the perfect organic body lotion, there are a few things all consumers should be aware of.
Why Choose Organic Body Lotion?
The skin is the largest organ, which means it can be vulnerable to damage. Skin also absorbs a variety of materials. When you choose to use organic body lotion, you know you're getting a product free of most chemicals. Organic lotion should be free of things like parabens, perfumes, dyes, and formaldehyde, just to name a few. These ingredients can make your skin irritated and end up doing more harm than good. Make sure you always read the label of any skincare products you purchase and look for the official organic seal to ensure you're choosing a quality product.
Benefits of Organic Lotion
Besides the absence of potentially toxic chemicals, organic body lotion usually contains a variety of good-for-you ingredients. In order for the lotion to be considered organic, it must contain at least 70-percent organically produced ingredients. This does not include water or salt. The rest of the ingredients must be approved as nonagricultural substances according to the USDA. They may also be non-organically produced if they're agricultural products that can't be obtained in organic form. Here are some items to look for when choosing an organic body lotion, and what they can do to promote healthy, smooth, and moisturized skin:
- Shea butter: This natural butter provides the skin with intense hydration and helps to fight against redness, flaky skin, and dryness.
- Colloidal Oatmeal: Look for an organic lotion containing colloidal oatmeal, a natural ingredient that can help with eczema, insect bites, and general dry skin.
- Argan oil: You'll find argan oil in hair and body products thanks to its healthy composition featuring vitamins A and E, omega-6 fatty acids, and antioxidants.
- Tea tree oil: To fight breakouts, redness, or inflammation, use a lotion containing tea tree oil.
- Aloe vera: From sunburn to inflammation, aloe vera is an effective all-natural ingredient that soothes itchy, dry skin.
- Vitamina C: This ingredient can help to slow down the signs of aging while tightening the skin. Other beneficial vitamins include vitamins A and E for the ultimate moisturization.