There is little chance that you don't know what bubble gum is. It's a type of chewing gum you inflate like a bubble out of your mouth. But do you know how bubble gum came to be. Walter Diemer invented it in 1928 while working at a chewing gum factory, even though he was an accountant. He came up with the recipe of gum that wasn't too sticky but was super stretchy.
How to Blow Bubble Gum
Blowing bubbles with bubblegum is a pastime for both kids and adults who are kids at heart. Who said chewing couldn't be fun? It is, but you need to learn two things do it effectively.
The first is the proper breathing technique. The second is knowing how to manipulate the gum in your mouth. After you get the hang of it, all you really need is practice.
Here's how you can do it.
• Start by buying the right gum. Know that some types are stickier and have less sugar, which affects how well they blow. Also, don't use old gum as it is harder to chew and doesn't produce the best results. It always has to be fresh gum.
• When you're still in the learning stage, only use one strip of gum. Pop it into your mouth.
• Next, chew the gum until it becomes soft and smooth. Chew until the sugar crystals and flavors are almost gone. This results in a much more pliable gum.
• Now, time to make your bubble. Turn the gum into a ball by rolling it with your tongue. It doesn't have to be perfect, just enough to be a compacted wad.
• Move the ball of gum so it's behind your front teeth. Flatten into a small, flat circle using your tongue to push it into the back of your teeth.
• Slightly open your teeth and extend your tongue out of your mouth to stretch the gum into a thin layer. Be gentle, or you might poke your tongue through your gum. If that happens, you'll have to start all over.
• Gently blow air into the gum to fill it, then push it out of your mouth, which should turn it into a bubble shape.
• Once the gum starts expanding, remove your tongue and keep blowing slowly but steadily. Make sure to keep your mouth open.
• Blow slowly and continuously with an even breath. Now, make the bubble as big as you can.
This is how you blow bubbles using a piece of bubble gum. It may not sound easy, but you can do it. To find the perfect bubble gum, visit your nearest CVS today.