Exfoliating gloves are a great alternative to a spa scrub-down you can use at home. They effectively remove dead skin and dirt off your body and prevent chest and back acne. Skincare is just as important as facial skincare, and is useful for dry skin to sensitive skin. Exfoliating gloves are also used to invigorate your skin and encourage blood flow. At CVS Pharmacy®, you can find a wide range of exfoliating gloves that gently cleanse, scrub, and massage your body for more radiant and smoother skin.
How to use exfoliating gloves
Using exfoliating gloves removes dead cells from the surface of your skin, resulting in improved appearance and cleaner pores. They can be used on all body parts, especially the legs, thighs, back, and other large areas where using scrubs may be quite costly. Using exfoliating gloves accompanied with your favorite body wash or body scrub is a sure way to achieve smooth skin!
Here are some important steps on how to use exfoliating gloves:
• Pick gloves that are lightweight and can comfortably fit your hands. Don't choose rough gloves because they can damage your skin. Before purchasing them, try them on by running the scrub across your skin to test their roughness.
• Wet the exfoliating gloves with water and apply only a few drops of your liquid bath soap or body scrub of choice. You can add more water to form a lather.
• Wash the exfoliating brush with warm water, and apply your cleanser of choice to its bristles.
• Massage your skin gently in circular motions. Avoid sensitive areas such as the areas near the eyes. If exfoliating causes redness, burning, stinging, or pain, wait for the skin to recover first before you start exfoliating again.
• Always rinse your exfoliating gloves while bathing to wash away dirt and dead skin cells. Add more liquid soap as required.
• Rinse your body thoroughly.
• After rinsing your body, use moisturizer within three minutes. Moisturizer is essential to rehydrate the skin because exfoliating can cause dryness and skin irritation. What moisturizers do is lock water in your skin to prevent itching and soothe any irritation.
• Don't forget to rinse your gloves to prevent the build-up of dirt and bacteria. Some gloves can be machine-washed, while others should be hand-washed. Dry your gloves after use.Dermatologists recommend exfoliating your skin once or twice a week. Using exfoliating gloves too often can cause skin irritation and worsen other skin conditions. After exfoliating, use lotion to seal in new moisture and keep your skin looking smooth. Because exfoliating strips off the outer layer of your skin, you are also more vulnerable to sun damage. So, it's essential to use sunscreen when going out in the sun. If you want to try exfoliating gloves, shop from our selection at CVS Pharmacy® to remove dull and dead skin cells and encourage new and healthier skin growth.