NicConfirm Nicotine Home Drug Test Cup
Elegible para HSA/FSA
The NicConfirm Nicotine Home Drug Test is a rapid, oral fluid screening test that can be performed without the use of an instrument.
The test utilizes antibodies to selectively detect elevated levels of specific drugs in human oral fluid. Cotinine is the first-stage metabolite of nicotine, a toxic alkaloid that stimulates the autonomic ganglia and central nervous system in humans. Nicotine is a drug to which virtually every member of a tobacco-smoking society is exposed whether through direct contact or second-hand inhalation.
Aside from tobacco, nicotine is also commercially available as the active ingredient in smoking replacement therapies such as nicotine gum, transdermal patches and nasal sprays. Regardless of whether nicotine in a donor was derived from tobacco use or through a nicotine-replacement therapy, if the metabolite cotinine is present in sufficient concentration, the test result will be positive.
Although nicotine is excreted in saliva, the relatively short half-life of the drug makes it an unreliable marker for tobacco use. Cotinine, however, demonstrates a substantially longer half-life than nicotine, bears a high correlation with plasma cotinine levels, and has been found to be the best marker for smoking status compared with saliva nicotine measurements, breath carbon monoxide testing, and plasma thiocyanate testing.
The window of detection for cotinine in saliva at a cutoff level of 30 ng/mL is expected to be up to 1-4 days after nicotine use.
- 1 NicConfirm Nicotine Home Drug Test
- 1 Instruction Card
- 1 Saliva Collection Swab
- 1 Package Insert
- Gently swab inside the mouth; cheeks 5-10 times, gums 5-10 times and tongue 5-10 times. Place the sponge underneath the tongue until the saturation indicator strip changes color.
- Remove the saliva collector sponge from your mouth, insert the sponge into the results device, and press until the cap is sealed. Keep the test device upright while the test is processing.
- Read the results at 10 minutes.
- For in vitro diagnostic use only.
- Do not use after the expiration date.
- The oral fluid test cube should remain in the sealed pouch until use.
- Specimens should be considered potentially hazardous and handled in the same manner as an infectious agent.
- The used collector and cube should be discarded according to federal, state and local regulations