OraQuick - Prueba de VIH casera
Elegible para HSA/FSA
What does this test do?
OraQuick is an in-vitro diagnostic home-use test for HIV (HIV-1 and HIV-2) in oral fluid. This HIV test works by looking for your body's response to fighting the HIV virus (antibodies). Use only as an oral test. Do not use this test with blood, plasma, semen, vaginal fluid, urine, sweat, or breast milk. Use this test only as directed.
When should I use this test?
This test can detect HIV infection if used 3 months after a risk event. Using this test earlier than 3 months since a risk event may not produce an accurate result. If you test within the first 3 months, you should test again 3 months after the risk event.
A "risk event" is defined by any of the below list of activities:
- Sex (vaginal, oral or anal) with multiple sex partners
- Sex with someone who is HIV positive or whose HIV status you don't know
- Sex between a man and another man
- Using illegal injected drugs or steroids
- Shared needles or syringes
- Exchanged sex for money
- Having been diagnosed or treated for hepatitis, tuberculosis or a sexually transmitted disease like syphilis
- If you want to know your HIV status
- If you are pregnant, test anytime
- If you are age 17 or older
- Most people feel a little bit anxious when taking an HIV test. But, if you feel very anxious about taking the test, you may want to wait until you are calmer to take it, or get tested by your doctor or local clinic
- To make decisions on behavior that may put you at increased risk for HIV
- If the tamper-evident seal has been broken or if any of the package contents are missing, broken, or have been opened
- If you are HIV positive, or are on treatment or preventive treatment for HIV, this test is not meant for you
- If today is after the expiration date on the outside of the box
- If you are age 16 or younger
Este artículo es elegible para FSA (cuenta de gastos flexible).