ResMed Swift™ FX Bella (headgear only) - Gray
The Swift FX channels airflow noninvasively to a patient from a positive airway pressure (PAP) device such as a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) or bilevel system.
The Swift FX is:
• to be used by adult patients (> 66 lb/30 kg) for whom positive airway pressure has been prescribed
• intended for single-patient re-use in the home environment and multipatient re-use in the hospital/institutional environment. Using
Using your mask
When using your mask with ResMed CPAP or bilevel devices that have mask setting options, refer to the Technical specifications section in this user guide for mask selection options. For a full list of compatible devices for this mask, see the Mask/Device
Compatibility List on www.resmed.com on the Products page under Service & Support.
• This mask is not compatible for use with ResMed AutoSet CS™ 2 and VPAP™ Adapt SV devices.
• SmartStop may not operate effectively when using this mask with some CPAP or bilevel devices that have this feature.
• If you experience nasal dryness or irritation, use of a humidifier is recommended.
• The vent holes must be kept clear.
• The mask should not be used unless the CPAP system is turned on and operating properly.
• Follow all precautions when using supplemental oxygen.
• Oxygen flow must be turned off when the CPAP or bilevel device is not operating, so that unused oxygen does no accumulate within the CPAP or bilevel device enclosure and create a risk of fire.
• At a fixed rate of supplemental oxygen flow, the inhaled oxygen concentration varies, depending on the pressure settings, patient breathing pattern, mask, point of application and leak rate.
• The technical specifications of the mask are provided for your clinician to check that they are compatible with the CPAP or bilevel device. If used outside specification or if used with incompatible devices, the seal and comfort of the mask may not be effective, optimum therapy may not be achieved, and leak, or variation in the rate of leak, may affect the CPAP or bilevel device function.
• Discontinue using this mask if you have ANY adverse reaction to the use of the mask, and consult your physician or sleep therapist.
• Using a mask may cause tooth, gum or jaw soreness or aggravate an existing dental condition. If symptoms occur, consult your physician or dentist.
• As with all masks, some rebreathing may occur at low CPAP pressures.
• Refer to your CPAP or bilevel device manual for details on settings and operational information.
• Remove all packaging before using the mask.
• If any visible deterioration of a system component is apparent (cracking, crazing, tears or cushion damage), the component should be discarded and replaced.
• Avoid connecting flexible PVC products (eg, PVC tubing) directly to any part of the mask. Flexible PVC contains elements that can be detrimental to the materials of the mask, and may cause the components to crack or break.
ResMed Swift™ FX User Guide: https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/products/Mask/swift-series/user-guide/swift-fx_user-guide_amer_eng.pdf
ResMed product user guides: www.resmed.com/en-us/sleep-apnea/cpap-parts-support/cpap-product-manuals/