Hair Mousse & Cream
What Is Hair Mousse?
Many people turn to styling products to increase the hold, reduce the frizz and add some volume to their locks. Hair mousse, also known as styling foam, is a product that helps to protect, stiffen and style your hair for an all-day hold. It is a lighter-weight hair styling product, so it won't feel too heavy or sticky after application, and it usually does not have an overpowering scent. Its light weight also won't weigh down your hair causing it to look flat.
Hair mousse is usually made with alcohol and water mixed with active ingredients. It has a foamy appearance since it is often dispensed using an aerosol can. If searching for a mousse, pay attention to the ingredients. Oils add a moisturizing and shiny effect. Polymers create volume by binding to hair strands. Smoothing agents prevent frizz and keep hair in place.
How To Use Hair Mousse
To use hair mousse, you will want to add it to clean, wet hair that has not yet been dried or styled. Squeeze any excess water out of your hair before applying the mousse and then style it as you want. Focus on blow drying your hair upwards to give a bit of extra lift to your roots. After styling, use a comb or gentle boar bristle brush to touch up your hair without harshly tugging at it.
Mousse is a great product for use on all hair types, including naturally curly or permed hair to reduce frizz and define curl. You will want to vary your styling and prepping routine based on your hair type, whether damaged, fine, straight, or thick. Your hair type will determine how much mousse to use and which ingredients are best suited to your luscious locks.
Hair Mousse Tips
Here are some tips to ensure that you're using your hair mousse in the best way:
- Always apply mousse to clean hair to make sure that you're getting the volume you want.
- Make sure your hair is semi-dry before applying hair mousse by gently wringing it dry with a soft, clean towel.
- Use a diffuser on your hairdryer if you have curly hair. If you want a straight style, use a concentrator nozzle before adding the hair mousse.
- Less is more when it comes to hair mousse, so don't add too much or else your tresses could end up feeling and looking weighed down and heavy.
- Apply the mousse to your hair by concentrating on your roots first. This is the best way to give your hair a full, voluminous look.
- Always use a gentle boar bristle brush or a wide-tooth comb after applying hair mousse to avoid ruining your new style and your hair.
Curl Cream for Natural Hair
If you have naturally curly hair, you know finding the right products can make a huge difference in how your tresses look. When you apply curl cream for natural hair, it can help reduce the look of frizz and give your soft, bouncy curls that look gorgeous. This styling cream helps to define your natural curls and adds much-needed moisture to help you keep frizz at bay. This special cream also enhances and encourages the natural curls in your hair, giving your tresses a healthy bounce. Using curl cream for natural hair will help your natural beauty and hairstyle shine. It's important to make sure that you find the right type of curl cream for your hair. For example, choose curl cream for natural hair that has tight ringlets, loose curls, or wavy hair to ensure the best results. You can also find these creams to cater to different hair concerns, such as oily hair, dry hair, or coarse and color-treated curls.
Here are some tips to help you find the best curl cream for natural hair and the methods for application:
- Try to choose a curl cream in the most lightweight formula possible. If the cream is too thick or too heavy, it can easily weigh those beautiful natural curls down, causing them to go flat and limp.
- You don't have to spend a fortune to find a quality curl cream. CVS Pharmacy carries a wide variety of awesome brands that won't break the bank, yet will still give you the results you're looking for.
- Look for a curl cream that contains natural ingredients like avocado oil and other natural humectants to keep your hair soft and lightweight without feeling weighed down.
- For those with thick curly hair, make sure you find curl cream for natural hair that offers frizz-fighting ingredients, so your tresses stay smooth and in place.
- Give a curl cream with a lotion-like consistency a try, especially if your hair is thin. This will keep your curls nice and bouncy.
- Some curl creams are OK to apply to dry hair, while others need to be applied to wet or damp hair. Make sure you read the package instructions carefully to make sure you apply yours the right way.
- Use a buildable curl cream that you can use to add definition as you go. These creams can be applied sparingly, then more can be added if you want a different result.