Textured Hair Products
What is Textured Hair?
Textured hair can be wavy, curly or coily with strands that create shape like waves, zig zags and bouncy spirals. Once you understand your hairs texture you can start taking better care of it based on your curl pattern and needs. There are three main types of hair texture- type 2 is wavy hair, type 3 is curly hair and type 4 is coily hair. There are sub-types under each of these that further define your hair type based on the pattern of your strands such as loose or tight curls.
Textured Hair Products
Let's face it, textured hair is the most difficult hair type to control and maintain. A lot of work needs to go into perfecting your hair care routine in order to have the best results. This requires having knowledge about your textured hair and knowing what the best products and methods are for your - sometimes- uncooperative hair. The key to having beautiful, textured curls is to moisturize! Shop CVS for moisturizing hair products to incorporate into your textured hair care routine now.
Maintaining moisture matters the most when it comes to washing textured hair. Since textured hair tends to be coarse and dry, the goal is to keep in as much moisture as possible. The last thing you'll want to do is strip the oils from your hair by washing your hair too frequently. Of course, you'll still have to cleanse your hair of all of the daily hair products you use. It is important that you are using the best products to avoid removing the moisture you worked so hard to get.
You should be washing your hair once a week with a co-wash. A co-wash is when you just use acondicionador in the same way you'd use shampoo. The shampoo strips your hair of the natural oils so it is best to only shampoo when absolutely necessary. When you want to get rid of the buildup on your scalp, you should use a sulfate free and moisturizing shampoo.
In the shower, as often as you can, use a hair mask or a deep conditioning treatment. These products are great to keep your curls nice and silky. The natural oils from your scalp have a hard time making their way through the kinks and coils of your hair, so these treatments will help maintain silky curls.
Right when you get out of the shower, quickly towel dry your coils. Textured curly hair is perfect for air drying - so no need to break out the hair dryer. Blow drying your hair will only lead to hair breakage and dull, frizzy looking curls. If your kinky hair is thick and out of control, you'll want to weigh it down with heavy hair products. To get your hair looking its best, layering products is ideal, as they will work together to lock in moisture for days. The best layering method is to apply a leave in conditioner,hair oil, and then a styling cream. To distribute each product flawlessly, work in small strands and be sure to saturate each piece.
Get fully stocked with all the textured hair products you need to keep your coily, kinky hair looking healthy and hydrated. Keep in the moisture and shop CVS now!
Curl Cream for Natural Hair
If you have naturally curly hair, you know finding the right products can make a huge difference in how your tresses look. When you apply curl cream for natural hair, it can help reduce the look of frizz and give your soft, bouncy curls that look gorgeous. This styling cream helps to define your natural curls and adds much-needed moisture to help you keep frizz at bay. This special cream also enhances and encourages the natural curls in your hair, giving your tresses a healthy bounce. Using curl cream for natural hair will help your natural beauty and hairstyle shine. It's important to make sure that you find the right type of curl cream for your hair. For example, choose curl cream for natural hair that has tight ringlets, loose curls, or wavy hair to ensure the best results. You can also find these creams to cater to different hair concerns, such as oily hair, dry hair, or coarse and color-treated curls.
Here are some tips to help you find the best curl cream for natural hair and the methods for application:
- Try to choose a curl cream in the most lightweight formula possible. If the cream is too thick or too heavy, it can easily weigh those beautiful natural curls down, causing them to go flat and limp.
- You don't have to spend a fortune to find a quality curl cream. CVS Pharmacy carries a wide variety of awesome brands that won't break the bank, yet will still give you the results you're looking for.
- Look for a curl cream that contains natural ingredients like avocado oil and other natural humectants to keep your hair soft and lightweight without feeling weighed down.
- For those with thick curly hair, make sure you find curl cream for natural hair that offers frizz-fighting ingredients, so your tresses stay smooth and in place.
- Give a curl cream with a lotion-like consistency a try, especially if your hair is thin. This will keep your curls nice and bouncy.
- Some curl creams are OK to apply to dry hair, while others need to be applied to wet or damp hair. Make sure you read the package instructions carefully to make sure you apply yours the right way.
- Use a buildable curl cream that you can use to add definition as you go. These creams can be applied sparingly, then more can be added if you want a different result.